You can’t pack on muscle by putting junk in your body. Cheetos and potato chips aren’t going to do you any favors. What you put into your body determines what you get out of it, so if you want to build muscle quickly and efficiently, clean up your diet. To pack on lean muscle, it’s important to eat protein and lots of it. To read more about the link between nutrition and muscle building, check out this article. Today, we’re going to give you a seven-day meal plan to help you get the most out of your workouts. This diet should prime your body to start building the muscle you want. Feel free to mix and match days and meals, but these foods all work toward and promote muscle growth. Ready? Let’s go.
7 Day Muscle Gain Meal Plan
- Monday – For breakfast, eat poached eggs with oatmeal made with milk. For lunch, have a Turkey sandwich with almonds. For dinner, have a lean beef steak and quinoa salad.
- Tuesday – Breakfast, scrambled eggs and Greek yogurt. Lunch, Chicken Breast and brown rice. Dinner, Salmon with Edamame.
- Wednesday – Breakfast, fried eggs and a protein shake. Lunch, tilapia with chickpeas. Dinner, pork with spinach salad.
- Thursday – Breakfast, salmon and cottage cheese. Lunch, chicken cooked in olive oil with vegetables. Dinner, lamb with sweet potatoes.
- Friday – Breakfast, omelet with tomatoes and mushrooms. Lunch, chili and carrots. Dinner, Shrimp with spinach and green beans. Dinner, Salmon with broccoli and brown rice.
- Saturday – Breakfast, porridge oats with cut up banana. Lunch, mackerel with tomato and onion. Dinner, roast turkey with quinoa and tomatoes.
- Sunday – Breakfast, poached eggs with sausage patties. Lunch, bison burger with potato wedges. Dinner, lean beef and broccoli with beans.
7 Day Muscle Gain Meal Plan – Tips
All of these foods are loaded with protein and should support your muscle growth. Depending on where you live, some of these items may be a bit expensive, so we recommend that you either substitute the item for another one on the list, or you can get great deals when you buy food in bulk. You can also save some cash by buying frozen food rather than fresh. It may not taste quite as good, but the nutrients and what you need from the food will still be there. It also seems like a lot cooking to do throughout the week, so we recommend that you make several meals at once when you have the time. Just pop them in the fridge and eat when ready.
7 Day Muscle Gain Meal Plan – Importance
If you’re on a diet that’s restricting how much food you eat, you may want to consider stopping it. To build muscle, you need to take in a lot of calories. We’ve already touched on the importance of protein toward muscle growth, but it’s also vital to eat lots of carbs to make sure you have enough energy when you’re working out. It’s also important to eat healthy fats. They can affect hormonal production and essential fats contain important vitamins. The diet we outlined above contains everything you should need to pack on the muscle you want.
While you’re here, check out our article on Simple Ways To Build Muscle. Thanks for Reading!