You may not have time to hit the gym, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have time to get a good muscle building workout in when you’re at home. There are a surprising amount of things you can do without equipment that could help you pack on lean muscle without the use of equipment. That why we wrote this 5 Simple Ways To Build Muscle guide. These exercises may not be for everyone, but they’ll definitely help you on your journey toward muscle gain.
Simple Ways To Build Muscle
While there is elaborate equipment at the gym, a lot of what’s there is just… heavy. Believe it or not, you’ve got some heavy stuff around your house too. Instead of dumbbells, you can use gallons of milk. Instead of lifting a barbell, lift your dog. Get creative with it! These Simple Ways To Build Muscle at home are just a few tips to get you started. We’re sure that after doing these for a while, you’ll come up with you’re a few of your own routines to add in and pack on more muscle.
5 Simple Ways To Build Muscle
- Pushups – You probably know how to do one, but we’ll explain anyway. Get on the ground with your hands down shoulder-width apart. Lower yourself until you’re an inch from the ground and raise yourself up again. You’ve just done a pushup.
- Planking – It’s not just a thing that stupid people did on the internet. It’s also a legit exercise. Act like you’re doing a pushup but rest your body on your forearms instead of your hands. With your back straight, tense your abs and glutes, and don’t let your hips fall.
- Deadbug – Lie on your back with your hands stretched up in front of you. With your knees at 90-degree angles, straighten out your leg until it’s an inch from the ground and bring it back. Do this an equal amount of times with each leg.
- Bench Dips – You don’t actually need a gym’s bench for these. A chair will do just fine. Facing away from the chair, grip the edge of it with your hands should-width apart. Extend your legs out and lower your body at the elbows until your arms are at a 90-degree angle, then lift back into the starting position.
- Cruches – Lie on your back and keep your legs raised at a 90-degree angle. With your hands on either side of your head, lift your shoulder an inch or two off the floor while keeping your lower back touching the ground.
Simple Ways to Build Muscle Alternatives
Like we said, there are a lot of household objects that can substitute gym equipment. That means there are a lot more Simple Ways to Build Muscle. To create the best workout at home, we recommend hitting the gym a few times so that you can learn the ropes, then do as much as you can at home because… hey, it’s a lot easier to stay at home than it is to go to the gym right? For even more exercises (some of which may require you to get creative with that equipment), click here.
While you’re here, check out our article about